Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Girl With the Message

After Palin became a single mother at age 18, she began to publicly advocate sexual abstinence for unmarried teens, and is now a paid speaker on the subject of teen pregnancy.

She's calling for all teens to abstain from sex. Her father, who was also interviewed, says he's hoping other teens will learn from "the mistake she made a year ago."



















"Of course I wish it would happen in like 10 years so I could have a job and education and my own house... But he brings so much joy. i don't regret it at all." Bristol gets up—usually twice during the night—to feed Tripp, who sleeps in a hand-me-down crib in her bedroom, and she says she has tapped out at least one school paper with her son crying in the background.
She pays for diapers and formula by working part-time. And while her parents help a lot, she shops for the whole family's groceries and does the laundry.



"I thought I would be somewhere warm at college with my friends," she says. "But that was definitely not possible with having Tripp."





She's also fiercely proud of her newly purchased condo
... it's Bristol who has picked out and paid for everything: the big leather couches, the flat-screen TVs, Tripp's toddler-size bed (though he sleeps with his mother), and the Subaru wagon in the garage.

Not that Bristol goes out much, besides taking Tripp for walks. "I don't ever have time for friends or anything like that," she sighs. "It's just like, Right, crap, there is a hockey game tonight that I want to go to but I can't. Or, I do have to go to work today, because I've got bills to pay."

Bristol's bathroom is strewn with makeup, earrings, and a hair iron; her closet is filled with more than 30 pairs of jeans;...

There is a leopard-print carpet in the upstairs hallway, and the living-room rug features purple and black swirls.


"I want to pursue the opportunities I have now. I want to do public speaking and cause campaigning. I want to write a book."



"It was kind of humiliating," she sighs as she clears boxes of pizza and bowls of Doritos and Skittles. "Great, I'm 17 years old, I'm 40 pounds overweight with a big belly on me, all my friends are at school watching this on the news. This kind of sucks."

The Candie's Foundation that's posted online by research firm GuideStar shows compensation at $262,500 for the now 20-year


Bristol Palin was working on her own TV debut...made a splash at a pre-Oscar party. Palin next made a big entrance Wednesday at the Pre-Oscar Poolside Party benefiting The Red Cross Haiti & Chile Relief Fund at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons.

Palin beelined for the Christopher Drummond Beauty cabana, where she got a quick touch-up with some of the brand's organic mineral makeup.
"We did our title shoot today, so I got all glammed up, but I'm definitely excited to wear all those. I know that mine will be the most conservative. I will be the most dressed."
"That's how I am and that's how I want to dress,"





"It is faith that got me through this and just praying all the time and just relying on God and knowing that He is on our side and we'll get through this," Palin told PEOPLE after Monday's finale.

The 19-year-old, a member of the new DWTS cast unveiled last night, says her challenge will be "showing my personality and moving my hips!"





http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/08/bristol-palin-excited-to-move-those-hips/#ixzz1LLDo4iaS

"Bristol Palin's Solo Act". Harper's Bazaar. http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/feature-articles/bristol-palin-interview-0610. Retrieved August 2, 2010.

"Bristol Palin 'My Life Comes Second Now'". People Magazine. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20282000,00.html.

"Bristol Palin: Poster Child for Teen Pregnancy Prevention". Health Articles. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-women/2009/05/06/bristol-palin-poster-child-for-teen-pregnancy-prevention. Retrieved August 2, 2010.

"Bristol Palin’s New Gig". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/07/opinion/07collins.html

"Bristol Palin Films American Teenager, Attends Pre-Oscar Party". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20348742,00.html.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/08/bristol-palin-excited-to-move-those-hips/#ixzz1LLDVOobK

No comments:

Post a Comment